View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #124
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyP View Post
I actually think an M3 is a really good car for this - assuming it is in a non flashy (i.e. not one of the Lime Rock orange ones) color. To most non-car people, it looks like any other 3 series. The other car enthusiasts know that it is a bit more special but that's OK, if they are car people, they probably won't judge. It's also not crazy expensive (e.g., not like an exotic) and while prices have come up quite a bit since the E36 version, I don't think the M3 has a reputation for being that expensive even for those who know what it is.

I've given this topic a bit of thought because I drive my M3 to work specifically because I am concerned about the image of driving my Porsches to work (which I avoid doing). But with the M3, I am pretty comfortable.
I disargree. I drive my car everywhere. dont think to much bout it. Cmon why would you buy and drive this piece of work if you are worried about being able to eyeball it every minute and protect it? If your car is that special you should park it. Warehouse it. Preserve it. I say as long as they cant touch the internals then you should drive the thing, Paint wears out. Our motors with diligent care will not.
Appreciate 0