View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #19
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I test drove the new M3 as well, and I wouldn't say that it feels as raw as the e46 M3, but it definitely feels much more composed. Refined is the word that comes to mind. It just feels so solid and fluid. I took it up to about 7k as well repeated times. I realized that you need to rev it, and to be quite honest if you're going 40-45, and you blip the throttle, pop it in 2nd, and the thing goes like hell! I dunno what the OP's talking about. I guess he has a V2 or something. I drive a stock 335i and this definitely felt faster. The leather, the carbon weave, the VERY visible power dome when you drive, it all felt like it was definitely a league higher than the 335i. Trust me. The versatility is amazing too. I messed around with the M Drive settings like crazy.

This car pretty much justifies its price in my opinion. Well, as long as you don't currently own a 335i. I think a piggyback is a more efficient solution for 335i owners, but if you have a 330i, or something else in this class and are looking to move forward, I wouldn't hesitate in the least!

I'm also willing to answer questions regarding it.
Appreciate 0