View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
I test drove one last weekend and agree with your comments on the manual tranny. I hated the long gear shift throws and light clutch. Also, it seemed like there was no room for error in first gear--either you shifted perfectly or the car would buck like a bronco. It put me off a bit, have to admit.

On the other hand, the handling/suspension, sound of the engine, steering wheel, seats and exterior were all amazing.

In sum, I think it comes down to simple economics. I actually have an opportunity to trade in my 335i lease and purchase an IB M3 coupe at MSRP. Thing is, MSRP on an M3 with similar options that I have on my 335i is 69k.

Besides the fact that I also love my 335i, I'm finding it hard to justify paying $20k more for the M3. Of course there's a difference between a 335i and an M3, but is that difference worth $20k? That's the real question.

I really wish BMW would have kept the price of a loaded M3 near $60k. That was the sweet spot, in my opinion, and they missed it big time.

Are you serious???
e46 M3 was $60k when it came out which was almost 60k Euro...
WHy would Germans give us huge discounts ($38k Euro) on this version when EVERYTHING in this world went up???
Realize that the Dollar is worthless today and if it continues this way our lives will get tougher and tougher...
Appreciate 0