View Single Post
      06-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

Has anyone successfully used WinKFP to update their E9X M3's CAS?

I have read a few posts on here and e90post that state that WinKFP is a-ok to use to upgrade pretty much every module on the E9X M3 EXCEPT the CAS and DME.

Dont have the link on hand, but someone stated that due to the EWS signature, DO NOT use WinKFP to upgrade the CAS.

I'm in the same boat now: Have upgraded every module except for my DME and CAS using WinKFP. Everything went ok with a few minor hickups (DSC needing to be reset, things of that sort...)...

So now I have the CAS and DME left.

DME I do NOT need to upgrade as I have a tune from bpm running the latest 240E, so thats done.

But my CAS is the old old 2007 version, would love to get the newer firmware on there as it includes some security related updates.

So:

Specifically on the E9X M3 family, has anyone had any luck upgrading their CAS using WinKFP or something OTHER THEN ISTA/D?

PS : Have a proper ICOM cable, and all sorts of daten files. Like I said, every module besides my CAS and DME have now been upgraded to the latest and greatest firmware versions. Also, I cant really use the ISTA/D route as I have a retrofitted CIC. Even in expert mode, when I try to do JUST one module, it ends up calculating a whole slew of updates and some of the "steps" include removing of the CIC etc etc...
Appreciate 0