View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #139
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT View Post
How do you compare your M3, GT-R and Aston Martin? I'd like to hear from an owner's point of view.
All are very different, but each has its pros and cons. I could write a lot here but I'll try to focus on the main points. The Vantage has great build quality, looks, and materials. The engine was good but didn't get on boil until 5000 rpm. After the supercharger it was a beast once it got moving but still terrible off the line. It also sounded great in stock form.

The M3 is slower than I expected...or at least it feels that way because of the low torque. You really have to push it hard to make it move. It's actually the slowest of the 3 cars I have now, but I got it because I like the overall package and wanted a convertible. It needs a supercharger. It's also quieter than I would expect, but that can be fixed. It feels about as quick as my previous E46 M3 coupe up to 60, and then slightly faster after 60. I was originally going to get an F-type V8S, but didn't want to jump in first year, so I put that off for now. That car, incidentally, it very close in character to my Vantage after the supercharger. Looks, sounds, feels awesome, and is very quick and torquey.

The GT-R trumps everything in performance and it's not even close. I like the looks, and the build quality is for the most part comparable to the M3. I put in some carbon pieces which go a long way towards making the interior feel more upscale. It makes some clunky noises at low speeds in parking lots when it's not warmed up, especially when backing up, but all is forgiven when I punch it off the line, or at any speed for that matter. The performance really makes everything else seem slow. It also gets more attention than any of the others, more good than bad, which probably isn't helped by the fact that it is red.

The X5 is very quick, by the way. It's a tick behind the X5M, but with much better gas mileage.
Gone but not forgotten: '12 X5M, '07 AM SuperVantage, '05 Boxster S, '01 BMW M3,...
Appreciate 0