08-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #153
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvr4 View Post
Yeah the N54 is known for going into limp mode on a race track and the poweband isn't nearly as good as the S65 for track racing. If you couldn't afford an M3 that's cool but pretending the N54 is better is silly.

Also the 335 comes with an open diff, crap suspension, shit brakes and non performance wheels/tire... Yes you could replace those items, but why? In hopes to compete on some level with an M3? Should have got an M3.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a fully modded 335i is in fact superior to a STOCK M3 (by a margin...) and not only in the straight line

Yes, you'll have a hard time to admit it, but there are a number of flaws even on the M3. At the track, every serious M3 owner has at least upgraded the suspension and the brakes (those are really a shame for a sports car, but this has been a problem for many M3 generations).

Obviously, modding is expensive, especially given the BMW tax some tuners charge.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0