Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3

Garage List
1996 320iT  [0.00]
2003 M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Not understanding why it is a disappointment?

PFC rotors are CAST AND MACHINED in the US - versus China. The tolerances are incredibly tight and way better than you will find on a entry-level BBK (and most high end BBK) - they just happen to be stock size.

I ran the stock brakes on our car with PFC track pads and stainless lines ONLY - stock rotors. I was turning times at VIR, Road Atlanta, and Sebring over multiple weekends that would put me at the top 1/3 of a Club Racing grid and doing lots of sessions and laps per event. I never had any issues and nothing indicated that the stock calipers are not capable with the right parts?

Not sure how many people on this board are our long-time customers or have dealt with me on the race side of things enough to know how I run the business, so I will explain. Not one of our business or parts decisions is made with profitibility as the top concern or even a major component. Not great for us in the sense that we aren't maximizing our profit margins, but I feel it is very good for us in that we don't sell watered-down parts because of how much money we can make.

PFC didn't offer these rotors to us. I pushed hard since before delivery of our car in May of 2008 to have them made and it took me 1.5 years of a lot of calls, visits, and general effort to make it happen. I did it because I am familiar with the product, I have used it in a variety of applications, and I wanted to be able to offer it to our customers. It is an extremely high quality part and is an exact fit for the person that doesn't want to buy a brake kit and still wants a nice jump in performance.

Feel free to back up any opinions or ask questions - I am happy to tell it like it is.

James
Appreciate 0