View Single Post
      08-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Skyline/Backroads Drive September 12th

Alright guys,

We have finalized the day for the Luray/Skyline drive and now need a head count for planning purposes. DarkStar was kind enough to reccomend a great driving route with some places to eat along the way; I am all for his plan but would like to hear from anyone who has some ideas.

So far, the list of attendees includes:

Attendees:

SUB-ZERO (Me) + Fiance
ase2dais
baarii
darwin316 + buddy with the 335
JuniorDee
ananta19
96OCTNE
dcgolfdr
mdrob13
DarkStarZero

If you are coming, please update the list.

The original thread can be found here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=290795&page=3

Here is DarkStarZero's recommendation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
I say we meet at the ihop that's at rt 28 and rt 50, then take rt 50 west to where the route I posted above starts. That way we start off with backroads and end it with probably the best section of road on the east coast; where rt 211 meets skyline drive.

We could stop to eat in Front Royal or I could alter the route to take backroads from rt 50 to the Apple House that's just off 66 outside Front Royal. Or go with a resturaunt that's on Skyline Drive.

Also, a good place to stop for a group photo (besides skyline dive) would be lined up across "Low Water Bridge" going into Front Royal. It's a long one lane bridge that skims just above the river. Right before crossing it there's a large gravel parking lot so we can stop there to gather our forces.

My e46 on Low Water Bridge:

-SZ
Appreciate 0