View Single Post
      05-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

for me when i added the midpipe it was only louder above 4k when getting on it. at cruising no louder then with the rear section.

at start up idle i wouldn't say ALOT louder like that, just little louder but then quiets down to reg in a little bit

it is only loud when you want it to be so if noise is an issue it wouldn't be with the midpipe bc you can control when you want it to be loud.

you can listen to my vids if you want to hear in cabin noise when cruising and when getting on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
If H-Bomb or someone that has the full Dinan exhaust setup can anwer this, I'd appreciate it.

I have the Dinan rear section right now and am deciding between the Fabspeed xpipe w/HFC's or the Dinan midpipe (catless). Curious to know how much louder the car is with either setup vs just the rear Dinan section.

Is it a lot louder at idle? From what I've read, the Dinan midpipe makes the car really come alive volume wise once you get above 35000 rpm...but what is it volume wise at idle? Is it significantly louder than just the Dinan rear section, or about the same?

Also, if anyone has the Fabspeed xpipe w/HFC's paired with the Dinan rear mufflers, I'd appreciate feedback on that as well.

Thanks
Appreciate 0