06-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
As far as the M coupe, there really isn't a ton of data on it. A lot of reviews mention the initial understeer and the twitchyness, but I haven't seen too many laptimes for it, other than that horrible C&D lightning lap test where it gets beaten by a 335i... The looks are polarizing, but I think it looks good.

The Evo won't have the interior or build quality of the BMW, but the handling numbers are insane. I'm not in love with the idea of such dependency on the turbo, though. The 4B11 can be modded more easily than the S54, but it will never sound as good or have that immediate response. The Evo is far more practical, being a full sedan, but I worry about the build / interior quality being an issue.

If anyone has any experiences with these cars feel free to chime in.

Thanks
No doubt about the M Coupe being twitchy, it's great on the track but off it and on a road with a surface other than perfect you will lose confidence on pushing it very, very quickly indeed.

The Evo X is largely unknown, it's build has taken a step in the right direction but it's still well behind the germans. Though if this doesn't concern you then you can't go wrong from a pure fun point of view, economy is awful and though the ride is better than before it still rock hard.

Both will provide fun and thrills by the bucket load but in different ways.
Appreciate 0