Rep
Drives: E92 M3

FINALLY got to the track!!

Track: NJMP-Thunderbolt
Organization: AudiNA NJ Chapter
Dates: Oct 12-13th
Group: Green
Instructor: Mike aka Skierman64 of M3post
Cars in Green: VW GTI (Racaros, SeatBelt harness, No Rear seats, Upgraded brakes & minor engine mods), VW Beatle Sport, Audi S4, S5 & R8 V8, Mini Cooper, Audi Avant (only day 1) and myself in the ///M

First and foremost I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Mike for doing such a great job instructing me during my first two trackdays, he gave me constant feed back on my good & bad driving. I would have never imagined to have bumped into Mike @ an Audi trackday let alone have him as my instructor, it was nice to have a familiar face to have as a passenger especially @ the track During my ride alongs w/ Mike I was able to see how his precise instruction translated in his FASTER driving and I was able to see the track from a different viewpoint.

I personally am not new to the Track experience b/c I have done about 20 trackdays on my motorcycles (Barber, Pocono, NHIS, Summit Point) like others have told me I do believe that my prior experience Riding on the track helped me w/ a smoother transition over to Car Trackdays.

Needless to say my first day started off w/ a bit of nervousness from all the anticipation to get onto the track. After our class room session we had our first RIDE ALONG in our Instructors car so we can learn the track and see what the proper line is, then after about 2 laps we switched over into our own cars and did more of same Learning the track and line w/ our instructors giving directions. After a couple laps the jitters started to fade away and I was able to start picking up the pace and focus on Mikes instruction: BRAKE, TURNIN NOW!!, TRACKOUT, GET ON IT wash rinse & repeat, by the end of my first session my cheeks were starting to feel sore from smiling

Fast forward to the end of Day 2, Mike is giving minor instructions b/c I've learned the line and have been keeping a nice quick pace. There were some places were I could have carried more speed into the corners and Mike would inform me of this & the following lap my goal was to make sure I corrected my mistake. My biggest issue arose when I really started picking up the pace and started staying @ WOT on the front straight until the Braking marker 5, I was having difficulty jamming on the break, downshifting & smoothly releasing the clutch so I would avoid wheel hop & unsettling the backend, Mikes instruction helped me correct it once again but then after a couple laps I would again return to releasing the clutch too quickly...I would correct it and then again make the same stupid mistake I need to start practicing my Heat Toe more

The M performed flawlessly and I ran most of the 2days in EDC Sport & Power off w/ MDM on, MDM kicked in probably a hand full of times when I would get on the power a little too early while Tracking Out, Brakes are stock except for upgraded brake fluid and also performed great but had minor chatter from all the heavy braking but they never lost their bite.

Mike installed his Kodak camera for one session on day2 and I'm eager to see myself in action again and see my lines and how I can improve them for the next time I go down to Thunderbolt

I wish it wasn't October so I didn't have to wait so many months to get back on the track but next year I'll be aiming to get at least a 1 or 2 days a month during the season once again I'm hooked See you @ the track
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car

Last edited by monsta; 10-15-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0