07-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #107
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
I think you missed the point. Why even bother with a credit card (?), when u can just use a debit card..?
Revolving line of credit - with the Austrailan interest rates typically above 8% that alone worth $30000 a year - and that's on all credit cards. For the amex the most important, other benefits are points - I didn't have to pay for a single air ticket last year for any of my holidays.

With a debit card the money get taken out straight away from your account and you are no longer earning interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I've had amex platinum fees waved year after year based on annual spending... just have to have high spend, be firm, and grumble about moving your spending elsewhere.

That tactic wont work with a centurion card...been there tried that...
They wave my personal charge card as I already have two business cards which I pay for. Tried that on the centurion and they wouldn't do it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
I have two amex cards - to get an invite, do you have to spend ONLY on the Plat card (I use the plat for work and other for personal)?
No one knows how they work. I haven't been spending much on my personal card last year. Although, I have been flashing the card all round the world in hotels, restaurants, and BMW. I always have high business usage, but never got an invite till now.

My brother travels even more often and even put more on his cards, and he hasn't got an invite. The Cent card is actually going to benefit his line of work as he needs to flaunt his wealth to attract more customers. While I don't need to and rather not catch the attention.

However, the extra points (in Aus, points work slightly differently) will only pay for a business class ticket, and that just barely covers the cost and I honestly struggle to use up all my points, especially my wife is expecting.
Appreciate 0