11-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #69
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
In the exhaust database on M3Post it lists the Akrapovic for $5500. Most of those prices are on the high side, meaning you can fin them for less.

IND recently quoted me $6200. I'm really sick of the gouging that goes and this stupis system of "PM me". Give us, the customers a fair advertised price otherwise go away. People should boycott this PM system and force the retailers to advertise the price for all to see!

I know your pissed off, but the price IND quoted you is not out of line.

The $5500 price you saw in the exhaust thread, was a quote from August 2008.

Also keep in mind that dealers or distributors are contractually obligated to sell aftermarket parts no lower than the M.A.P. pricing limits set by the manufacturer. That means they're not supposed to sell it to you at a lower price than the manufacturer says they can.

This is done to keep dealers from decreasing the value of their products by using cut throat pricing maneuvers to increase their individual sales numbers.

Several manufacturers will actually VOID your authorized dealer or distributorship status, and any contracts can also be instantly voided as as result.

I just wanted to chime in, because I'm not sure how many consumers actually know this occurs behind closed doors.

Just my 2 cents...