View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman View Post
Please show a pic of an E9_ M3 with these spacers on. Ideally it would have ZCP wheels and the view would be mostly head on but a little from the side with the wheels straight ahead. This of course would show off the effect of the spacers. The same type of view from the rear would be great. Also, does this increase the likelihood of rock chips?
We do not have any pictures of any e9x done at the shop with this set up however here is a link to a Lime Rock Edition on Competition wheels with 15mm up front and 12mm in the rears.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/12/25/2...hnell-spacers/

The 15mm front and 12mm rear setup is usually known on the e92s for perfect flush fitment with stock wheels. The e90 has a little bit wider track in the rear and may need something a bit larger then 12mm.

As for the increased likelihood of rock chips it is minimal. There is more of a chance for a rock to fly up and hit the car however like I said it is fairly minimal. You are moving the wheels out to the outer edge of the fender but should not be a big concern for more rock chips. I recently put spacers on my car about 6 months ago and haven't seen any increase in road chips on the side of my car.
Appreciate 0