No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Exactly!

Wait, so you aren't going to transform your car into a beast because it doesn't work in auto mode, which you claim to not use?

Regarding the kickdown feature, I don't think you realize how fast these supercharged M3s are. I used to be able to floor my NA M3 on the highway whenever I pleased. Now there better be a lot of room - enough room that dropping into a lower gear isn't an issue at all. Also, you will have no problem passing people in 7th gear which is kind of funny.

Drive a blown M3 and then make your decision. No offense but I think this may be the worst sole reason to not get a blower. I would be SHOCKED if you really decide against a blower for this reason after you drive one. Can't hurt my friend!

I've never been in a blown m3, but I love the kickdown feature. It's like going from 6th to 3rd in a manual. Has zero to do with Auto Mode.

I just think its lame that this was not mentioned to me after asking what are the issues if ANY and being told it drives like stock. Well if you can use kickdown or punch it in auto mode (which I don't care so much about myself, but what if my wife drives it) then that is NOT "drives like stock".

Call it what you want, but that's misleading to me. Plus they should figure out a way to make it work.
Appreciate 0