View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben@tirerack View Post
Was the seller running the wheels on his car? If so, what year M3 was it on? If it was on a 2010 or later, they will NOT work with your 08.

Both the 08-09 sensor and the 2010+ sensor broadcast on 433 MHz but they send a different signal on that frequency.

You might try resetting the TPMS. You should be able to do that by holding down the TPMS button if you have one, or through the iDrive. Consult your manual if in doubt. The system must be reset before it learns new sensors.
The seller did not run the wheels on his car. He bought them from someone else who he assured me had an '08. He bought them to try to make them work on his E46 but he owned an '09 E92 prior to that so I trust that he would know.

I have tried resetting them via iDrive a bunch of times and it doesn't work. The error comes back immediately. While I suspect that the button on the center console does the same thing, I haven't been able to get it to do anything. I guess I am using it wrong...

I'm going to try to find a tire shop with a scanner this weekend to find out how many are broadcasting. If one isn't broadcasting, I'll replace just that one. If they are all broadcasting, I'll just assume that they are the wrong ones and change them all.
Appreciate 0