View Single Post
      01-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #99
slikk66
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535i M-Sport

Went and checked out a gt500 this wknd, there were several things that bugged me, which is a bummer because none of them should be that hard for Ford to work out. Here are a few of them in no particular order. I figured I can/could live with shortcomings of the Mustang, but I still want my car to be able to do basic things that I do in my life..

-No lights on mirrors behind visors.. I had a Scion few years about for 2nd car with same thing, EVERY SINGLE girl who sat in that car noticed and complained.

-Manual passenger seat only, and no way to raise it, as mentioned before by another owner, the dashboard is very high.. seems silly you can't get an electric seat for passenger. Also as mentioned, when you flip the seat forward, you have to reposition it again, it doesn't remember how far back it was before you flipped it forward. So strange..

-Rear seats don't fold down. I have a bike I can fit in my current e92 coupe with the seats down. As well as skis, wakeboards etc from time to time.

-Small trunk opening. The actual size of truck isnt bad, but the opening is small, would be hard to fit even medium sized suitcases in there. And since the rear seat has such little room already, it would be difficult to get suitcases in there period.

I guess it may sound stupid to pick on small things like these, but the car is almost $60,000.. I find it hard to believe they let such small things like these happen. I know it's a "super fast" Mustang and all, but it still would have to be my daily driver, and as such I expect it to be able to do certain things.

Maybe it's time to start thinking about a 2011 ZCP e92 instead..
2008 E92 M3 Coupe (FINALLY) - Space Gray / Blk Leather - 6 MT
2013 F10 535i M-Sport - Space Gray / Blk Leather

Last edited by slikk66; 01-02-2011 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0