View Single Post
      06-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #102
Its_Canuck
Rep
Drives: VW R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I plan on getting something within the next 6 months, and I can't help but be drawn to the 2011 GT and GT500. The numbers out of the 5.0 are already making modded S65's blush. I also like the new aluminum block in the GT500 and taking 120lbs out of the front of the stang. I'll be test driving them for sure when I get back from the desert. Money is also a big factor in the draw to the Mustangs. I know they don't have the fit n finish of the M3 or the prestige (the shelby does have some swag though), but I'm really trying to get into HPDE and track days, and when you look at the cost of modding and fixing the M3, the BMW tax is absurd. To think that I'm going to end up spending $5k for an xpipe and mufflers, is hard for me to swallow, when I look in the MM&FF and can do the same for under $1k, with proven companies that build great products. For what I want to do with my car, I just feel like it is silly to pay that much more for the "luxury" of the M3 when I just want to dog the shit out of it. I go back and forth with this daily, but right now I'm leaning towards the stang.
I'm in the same boat as you. It's really a hard decision, when you are a car/motorcycle enthusiast and know that both cars are great in their own ways. The back seats are more useable in the M3 than in the Shelby. That's a big factor for a family man like myself. Good thing I have a year to make a decision, when my R32 lease is up.
Appreciate 0