View Single Post
      02-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

M3 for Range Rover Sport

I know this is a BMW forum but being a long time BMW owner (and E90 poster) I wanted to share a recent change with the board. I'm curious about the reactions.

I had a 2011 M3 ZCP on order. 2 weeks before it arrived I had a revelation of wanting to change to a Range Rover Sport so I headed to Range Rover and ended up walking away with a 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX. 375 HP 375 LB FT Torque. Opened up this engine sounds beefy as hell. The mods I have done so far are adding running boards, exhaust tips (not shown in pics), 20% tint all around, mud flaps, 22" Vossens, and Yokos for the tires. I'm currently working on a custom exhaust to open up the V8 even more.

I have previously owned 2 M3s and prior to getting the RRS I owned a 335i that I had quite few mods on as well.

I have driven the E93 M3 a number of times and absolutely love the car and was excited when I ordered mine...but I have to be honest and say I absolutely love the Range Rover. The handling is of course nothing like the M3 but it actually handles way better than you would imagine. Very responsive and sporty and hardly any cabin roll which is what surprised me the most.

I kite surf so having the extra room to throw all of my gear and have my woman and 2 year old son AND room to spare is a very welcomed change.

Just curious if anyone else on here has made a jump like this?

Here are a couple of pics: