View Single Post
      12-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #280
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc6j View Post
I'd like to get some winter tires for my E90 ZCP 19" wheels (not looking for a wheel package at this point).

Given that constraint, it seems that Blizzak LM-60 [235/35 + 265/35] and Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D [235/35 + 255/35] are my two choices due to sizes available.

Also, seems that neither have the exact size of the OEM wheels, but the Dunlop's have to be stretched more to fit (in the rear).

Anyone have any thoughts on which is a better option in this situation? Generally it seems people prefer the Dunlop's in more mild winter areas (also mostly being talked about by people using 18's), but those have to be stretched more in my situation. So not sure if that changes things.
Either would work, the Dunlop will look a bit more stretched, but technically they do fit a 10" wheel per the manufacturer's guidelines. The Dunlops look like they're sold out for the season, at least from our stock. Dunlop will be a little better handling on clear roads, Blizzak a little better in severe weather.