View Single Post
      04-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #21
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
How is the 991 3.8 engine not a match? The two motors actually have extremely similar characteristics.
I know cause I own both.

The new Cayman is simply a fantastic car. If you don't need the extra room of the M3 it's a great choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Huh? The 3.8 in the 991S is as good or better of an engine in every way. More hp per liter, more tq, just as linear power, and flat out feels more special and sounds better too, especially at high rpms.

The 991, it's chassis, engine and every aspect are on a different planet than anything BMWS ever made. In about 15-20 years Bmw might have something comprable to the current GT3 but will never priced a engine like it has.

The cayman S is a wonderful car. Under 100k NOTHING handles as well. Even price as no object it's possibly the best handling car in the world.

The m3 is a great car but the 991 and cayman S are as close to perfection in the car world as one can get.
With regards to the engine, I am not talking about performance, only subjective feel. The Porsche motors don't have the silky easy revving character of the M3's V8. Other than that, I agree that the 991S is overall in a different league than the M3. Of course, my opinion is only based on a couple of test drives. I have never had the 991 for any extended period of time.