View Single Post
      09-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #18
8INTO3=M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe -- Interlagos Blue

Back from VIR

First Settlers PCA VIR Event was fantastic --as always. With a weather forecast calling for a good chance of rain both days (which never came) I played it safe and used the PS2s instead of the (quickly balding) RA1s. I figured I would give up some dry grip and play it safe in case the rain really came. In restrospect this was a bad idea.

The car did drive well, and I played around with both Normal and Sport modes. Sport did feel better as the car had less roll and seemed more predicatble - at least with the PS2s.

One thing that suprised me was the difficulty I had getting the computer to leave me alone in the Fish Hook turn (very tight, off camber, uphill) on the South Course. Even in MDM mode it was interfereing WAY too much and taking away power for what seemed like an eternity. Still, in the interest of preserving both car & self I kept it on.

On the Grand Course (no fish hook turn here!) things were better, and I was clearly able to keep a healthier pace -- running down some very fast cars.

Overall a great time on the track --as always. For a 3700 lb car it does drive exceptionally well. If you could remove 500 lbs it would be extraordinary.
Appreciate 0