06-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #262
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by babino View Post
All be careful with the new car updates. Mine was updated to the latest code this past week and the nav update fails. The error was similar to the following:
The navigation data in the car is incomplete or has been manipulated. Please see your service center for more information.

So either wait to update your car until the nav is done or we'll have to find the cause of the issue.

Any ideas here? I tried the USB method which doesn't work at all and the DVD which resulted in the error. I'll capture the error better next time after the ECU resets because it won't show again at the moment.
I agree with what was said by ILSMKU - when downloading files this large there is always a possibility that one file gets corrupted. I recommend doing an m5 checksum on the files and making sure they match up to what was seen on the boards prior to installing it in your car.

Of course there is always a chance BMW has been following this thread and did something to the latest update to make this process impossible as a DIY. BMWNA has been known to read the boards... but I'm no conspiracy theorist.