03-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Both. I bottomed on the bump stops on both the burms and in high speed/high compression corners. I don't know if anyone attends these local tracks, but my rear right would hit it going into the high speed oval at Autoclub in Fontana, then I'd bottom out on both front stops when braking for the first hard left, same track, and on that little dip on the right hand side when exiting Bus Stop going into Riverside at Buttonwillow Raceway. Had my competition package M3 on full sport mode.

Honestly though, Eibach springs are still my favorite springs for the E9X M3's. I was actually considering switching back to stock M3 bump stops, since those bump stops are engineered to be progressive whereas the E36 ones are not. I never did end up swapping just bump stops back to stock though, I just went to a coilover setup instead.

I voted option 1, since, like I said, NOTHING is a necessity for track. But I have a question for you guys tracking: Did you guys swap to E36 bump stops on your Eibach springs, or did you guys keep the stock E9X ones? Maybe I might have actually been better off with the stock ones.
I retained the E9X bump-stops when switching to Eibachs. I haven't had any issues with hitting the bump stops on curbs, braking or compressions and I haven't felt any front end instability with hard braking. I am running advanced intermediate with stock everything else and a pretty hard braker judging by my brake pad consumption.

Of course, I am worried now!