BikeGeek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d, ATS-V, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by williyam View Post
What's the difference?
Search is your friend. Or better yet go and experience the difference first hand at a local dealer.

2009+ HD based navi, more fluent, intuitive CIC controller, better (less cheesy) graphics, better screen, faster response times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDrive

Arguably all E9x M3's perform the same, but 2009+ has the updated CIC computer system. I'm the type that uses the navi in my car, not just the performance of the drivetrain. For me it's a no brainer. You can retrofit the CIC system into a 2008 but it's costly and since you don't own one already you may as well get into the better system to start.

If you like jet black and extended fox red PM me, I am considering selling mine to get into a newer MY. 31k miles on the odo. Just a thought. Best of luck in your hunt and purchase.
2009 BMW E92 M3 | Jet Black / Fox Red, Extended - SOLD | Akrapovic Evolution - SOLD | MS Filter | StopTech ST60 / ST40, yellow | KW CS | 90mm stud conversion | 18x10F 18x10.5R HRE R43, Continental rubber | IND appearance package incl. key delete | JL Audio 10W6v3 (2) / HD700/1, Technic's harness
Appreciate 0