hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
hkz786,

How sure are we about this released info on the R8 getting this engine, I remember seeing the pics of the R8 being burn out and put two and two together thinking that this must have been the turboed engine R8.

If they have gotten the heat sorted then this will be the daddy of all Sportscars, like 580hp is a shit load to have in a big estate like the RS6 never mind something which will weigh over 500Kgs less. I wonder will they cap the topspeed to appease their new master Porsche. In fact I will be amazing if Porsche allow such a thing to go ahead.

As for a possible name....R8RS has a nice ring to it, I would be sinful to just call it R8V10TT when the car is so much much than that.

P.S.
I wonder where such a car would leave the likes of BMW, a case of the M6 picking up the scraps from the R8's feast.
Well nothings set in stone I guess but IMO it is very likely.

1) The original Le Mans Concept back in 2003 featured a 5.0 V10TT
2) Audi have suprised us by puting a 5.0 V10TT in a RS6 Estate, so why not put the engine their supercar? why build a new one when they already have a beastly engine in production that would MORE than just suit the R8

I think the fact that the test car burnt out could lead us to believe this too.