11-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Hi guys,

New subscriber here, I was at BMW dealer yesterday getting oil change and asked sales guy about new M3 with V8. He said they'll probably get them late next year but if I wanted to be one of the first few I would be looking at around $20K markup!

I was thinking $60K for the car (with CA tax $65K out the door) but at $80K+ for the car I can't compete in this market.

Does anybody know if European delivery for this car saves any money? I could fly to Germany to pick up the car if it saves me a few $K.

If this really is what's gonna happen, I will either have to wait till 2009 until the initial demand is filled and prices go back toward MSRP (if they do) or get something else instead. Price is important for me becasue, unfortunately, I am a middle class guy and don't have the deep pockets some of the other enthusiasts.

There are two other alternatives if the car comes out priced that high:
(1) Consider the new IS500
(2) Go for the 335i with Perf. Package and spend $10K on tuning

As you can tell I'm kinda pissed about this markup BS that's going on with the stealers.

If you can wait just wait. Even with the 20k you will be luck if you have a position in the wait list. Most wait list in CA are growing by the minute and I haven't found a place taht guarentees me MSRP. I am not paying a dime over MSRP
Appreciate 0