View Single Post
      06-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #10
trekker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90LCI

From an airline pilot point of view, we don't prefer to do a go-around (mis approach) unless we really have to. The work load and stress level goes up very quickly especially if there is weather around. I am sure the pilots on your flight had their reason for it. There are heaps of reason for a go around, windshear, wind exceeding limits, unstablised approach, high on profile, you name it. It's really hard to tell what happened if you are not sitting in the cockpit. I think the most important thing is now u are safe on the ground. You really don't want to sit in a plane with some cowboy pilots trying to land in an unsafe condition. As what he told you through the announcement, he might not be lying to you, maybe he just didn't have the time to tell you the whole story. As I mentioned before, during a go around is a very stressful and busy time for us, sometimes we may not even have the time or spare mental capacity to tell the passengers what's going on. We do try, but the priority is to land the plane safely first. You just gotta trust the pilots sometimes.
Appreciate 0