09-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4me
Congrats! That is a serious accomplishment!!
How much weight did you lose?? Do you have another race in mind??

lol...The most I've ever run is 10 miles. You officially kicked my butt!!

My 10 mile run was about 1 1/2 ago when I was training. I was running about 35 miles a week. I was training the to run one mile competitively, not any long distances. My coach told me to run 10K and 5K races to keep a strong pace as part of my training, but not to win it. I'm running about 15 miles a week these days, but no races currently planned.

BTW, my coach has run in 5 Olympic trials for the marathon. He has personal records of 2:14 for the marathon and 3:54 for one mile and God knows what else.

I actually dont have a scale at home... I go by how much it looks like I lost . I probably lost only about 5 lbs during my whole training. I put on some serious leg muscle in the training process, so I didnt lose overall mass, but lost a few lbs of fat...

I was thinking about training for the rock and roll full marathon in san diego in june. One of the members of our running group at the half marathon (there was 8 of us) had run it this past year... strongly suggested it... Plus I have a buddy of mine who has just moved out to san diego...

Im sorry, but I misquoted the guy tying out for the national team... He was kenyan. I was absolutely baffled at what time he had to run this half marathon in... but it was completely flat (if thats any justification for that really low time). The time he had required him to average 4:40 miles... insane...
Appreciate 0