View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
1) why would you not make sure you have a receipt for handing over $20,000- in cash?
2) why would you even hand over $20,000- in cash and not go to your bank and have them make out a bank draft for the $20,000- in the name of the dealership?
3) if you had your bank made out a bank-draft for the $20,000- you would automatically have a receipt. The original would be for the dealer and a copy for you.
4) Your sales slip does not show the $20,000- as down payment and the balance to be financed?

and finally

Why would the dealer give you the key to the car and let you drive away if the $20,000- transaction of the down placement had not taken place.

Sorry my friend ... I hate to tell you this, however in this case .... as they say

"you made your own bed now you have to sleep in it"

Bottom Line ... you need to make sure you have all the paperwork and if you purchase a car again make sure you have a bank-draft or certified cheque made out to the dealership.

Something ... as others already stated does not add up here.

I wish you luck to straighten this out ... hope the guy that took your $20,000- still works there.

BTW. Must your financing not be approved before you pick up your car? Again why would the dealer give you the keys if not both transactions (downpayment and finance approval) are not 100% completed? The final signature for the vehicle release is always with the Sales Manager, only he is the one that can authorize the keys to be given to you. This sounds like a very grave story ... you best get a good lawyer and fast ... once again good luck to you.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 01-16-2012 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: PS added
Appreciate 0