View Single Post
      02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #19
Jimmeh
Major General
Rep
Drives: Ms. Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
You guys fawn over it like it's a great piece of engineering. It's not. ANYONE can put a big engine into a car and make it go fast. An 8.0L W16 is not an engineering masterpiece any more than Pamela Anderson is a beauty masterpiece. It's just going bigger. There's no real engineering there.

Engine aside, the car handles like shit (For a supercar costing almost 2 mil) and weighs as much as an SUV.

The losers with the typical response of "you're jealous" any time someone criticizes something that's seemingly out of their price range are braindead buffoons. I'm not jealous of shit. Just because I can't afford a Veyron doesn't mean I would ever get one even if I could. There are a shitload of better, more capable cars out there that would assuredly be cheaper and drive circles around the Veyron.

Enzo, Zonda, Carrera GT, Koenigsegg, etc.

These are all cars I would rather have than an overpriced VW with a humongous engine put into it.

Of course, unlike most who drool over the Veyron, I don't give a shit about showing off to others or what people think of me. Seems to me the majority of people who want the Veyron want it just so they can say they own it. I'd rather have something that's sportier and can run corners as well as it does straights, even if I don't get losers gawking at me.

says the person on the bmw forums w/ no bmw...
Appreciate 0