03-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #41
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
Gosh, just because the GTR is faster doesn't make it better. No flames, but the M3 is european and looks a lot better

the M3 has never before been able to compete with such great supercars like the GTR, GT3 and so on, now it is, contrats to the M3. The only difference is with the GTR this time around is that Nissan decided to engineer it for the US too.

I agree with Devo who is getting a GTR and a M3
some people (some) don't feel the M3 is better looking at all. There is not like everyone will agree on this. Like my gosh it's not a Aston Vantage or anything. It's somewhat bulging bangalized small sedan or coupe.

I don't know about the GTRs interior level (leather etc.) or it's sound system may not be as good as the premium sound M3. But the running stuff (tranny, diffs, brakes, wheels, etc.) maybe better than the M3. It's got a flat underbody pannel like a race car (F430 has also).

See this is what I think it's boiling down to if I said M3 or GT3 most people would say if you can afford the GT3 that's the better car. (I think there is little debate) or maybe 911 turbo v M3 (people would say the turbo is better for a lot higher cost).

But when people see the GTR just costs $7K (ish) more than a M3 they can't say the price anymore so they say it's a Nissan or it's not european etc..

I agree also, I'd like to get both. If I was single or didn't want an early retirement it'd be easy to get a M3 now and get a GTR in 18 months or after the supply is higher. But for me it's one or the other meaning one great car and probably will never get the other car so I am pondering it daily.

BTW I don't want to sound like I don't love the M3 it's great and if not for the cost going up (with options) to $70K which is right there with a GTR there would not be a doubt. However bmw forced me to pick technology pack (to get m-button and CA) and I figure once I'm at technology I should get the premium sound (also BMW cripples the base sound lesser than a 335 which is a much cheaper car. I mean p-off BMW at least offer premium sound without having to technology first. etc.) BMW makes great car with great price (base) but with $12K in options not so great as could be.
Appreciate 0