04-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

VF 540 E90 M3 vs e46 M3

Guys,

So I was on way home last night from SC to Boston and next to me on the highway was an E46 m3.. From the looks of the exhaust there was nothing indicating it was modified performance HP wise.

Now mine is a VF540 E90 6spd with all the bolt ons and a 4.10 diff. Had my 19in wheels on so no 20s effecting the driving.

I was minding my own business in the far right lane going the speed limit and he would not stop tailgating me. Traffic was very light on the highway and had about 1000 yards of no cars around So I drop it into 3rd at 65mph which would put me around 6k+RPM where the blower gets going quickly and off I go.

This damn little gangsta wannabe with dealer plates in the car and his hat sideways sitting low rider in the car and not looking a day over 18, was staying on me. Granted a few cars, but I was expecting that car to look like it was sitting still as I drove away. Granted I only did one shift and never went into 4th as that is way too much speed for what it was worth.

Either this car had a blower itself or my engine stopped working. And yes I know how to drive stick.

Could a stock e46 be that fast???! No way it was turbo as it would have been long gone
Appreciate 0