View Single Post
      02-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

I just read over this and realized that this has probably led you to think of going to the track as some huge overwhelming ordeal. It's really not. It will definitely get more involved if you get really into it, but my first couple weekends I literally only packed my insurance card, tech inspection form, and a backpack with clothes for the weekend since I was driving 100 miles for an all-weekend event at a track with a good concession stand and staying at a motel; I rented a helmet from the organizer. I didn't have ANYTHING else at all. In retrospect, a spare bottle of oil and possibly brake fluid would have been a good idea just in case, but otherwise you can definitely get by without the rest as long as you have a source of food and water at your track.

A lot of the stuff discussed above is accumulated over time if you decide you want to do this regularly (kind of like how you don't just buy every decoration or piece of furniture in your home in one shot), so for your first event or two, don't overthink it and have a good time.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 02-05-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0