02-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
I just think you'd have to be a pretty awful rider to allow that to happen unless you were messing around. Seeing as though there is not much low end power on those 600s. I know they rip up top and they are perfectly capable of pulling the front end up in 1st and 2nd gear.
Doesn't have much to do with being an aweful rider, perse, just inexperience and not enough respect for the machine. Ripping the throttle open at 4k and ripping the throttle open at 9k can have dramatically different effects. All it really takes is chopping the throttle at the wrong time and getting a bit more "jolt" then expected when reapplying to send you hurdling towards the back of your seat, and if you dont have great throttle control you can easily rip it open and be facing sky before you know what happened. What it boild down to is all it takes is once, and show me one guy on a crotch rocket who hasn't ripped open the throttle at some point. That's just looping it, not to mention losing the tire in a corner, or hitting a corner going too fast, etc. Easier to avoid target fixation (big killer) on a 498cc Buell Blast than on a 599cc Suzuki GSX-R.

Hah... I've seen some crazy stuff happen in my 6 years of street riding (5 years of it I've been involved with groups and met a gang of new guys).