06-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
I created a camera mount out of my tow hook. It works great. Camera is nice and solid. I have a Sony HD17 which is an HD camera with a 60 GB hard drive. The image stabilazation is amazing. However, it has HD protection meaning that it will shot off if it encounters too much vibration.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an HD camera that won't leave in the poor house that can handle the bumps? I do not want to use tab and Flash-based cameras do not have enough recording capacity. Is there anyone with the HD17 that knows how to reduce the HD sensitivity?

Alternatively, is there an in car mount sold anywhere?

Sorry for the million questions. The video from the tow hook comes out amazing. The issue is it turns off as soon as it experiences any G forces which is easy with our M3s!
I use a Canon Vixia HV30. Until flash and hard drive based cameras use a different file format, I will always stick with tape. The AVC and other random file formats are not well supported with Adobe Premiere Pro. Anyway, that is a different discussion entirely. I have never shot with the Canon on a car mount, but I have shot with it in a helicopter at serious G forces...it won't shut off because it is tape operated. The quality is superb and, in my opinion, it can't be beat for 900 bucks.
Appreciate 0