09-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
What wheels are you using these with? Any pics? These are on the short list for my next set of tires, in those sizes.
These are on the stock 18" OEM rims. I can post a pic up at some point. Obviously, the tires bulge out a little due to the extra width compared to the stock sizes, but it it no unsightly by any means, but if you want a 'crisp', squared off look this might matter. The rears fill the tire well okay without spacers, you could push them out with a 5mm spacer I guess, but I am not bothered so much. I had 15mm spacer at the rear with the Hankook 265/35/R18s and they were pretty flush, so with an extra 5 mm, you could get the same effect. The tires up front fit well and do not rub. I have 265/35/R18 tires for the track, so I knew they would fit.

I haven't pushed the lateral handling, but the launch and emergency brake () traction is terrific. I was worried that a "340" tire would be a lot harder/less grippy, even with an extra 4/5" tread width. I cannot vouch for wear yet and I won't be using them on the track unless it rains!
Appreciate 0