11-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
yes please elaborate on your decision not to get ZCP, it is the hot topic of this board currently
Heheh, indeed. I thought about this a lot but finally decided against ZCP for the following reasons:

1. The wheels that come with the ZCP package are beautiful but I've always loved the 19" Light alloy Double-spoke wheels which, to me, provide a more "classic" M look. It was a difficult decision.
2. This car will be my daily driver and I thought that the 10mm lower ride height wasn't necessary. M school is a definite yes so I will be going to SC prior to picking up my car. I do plan on taking the car out on the track occasionally but, again, I'll be driving this beast to work every day. I also wanted a ride that was a tad less stiff.
3. And, as a daily driver, I didn't want to give up on convenience features such as the moon roof.

Either way the decision was a compromise. I finally leaned toward the look I've always wanted and convenience/comfort. If this was a 3rd car (weekend/hobby) I might have gone a different direction entirely. In that case, I probably would have decided on the coupe, carbon fiber roof and ZCP.

Only 7 weeks and 6 days until touchdown!

-Wretched Creature
Appreciate 0