01-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #94
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
The AMG has a 6.3L V8. It's going to be thirsty, but if you can afford cars like this, then gas money really shouldn't be a problem for you. I'm not questioning that fact that the M3 won't be amazing because I know for a fact, I'm picking one up. The next generation C63(May go back to being called the C55) AMG will stay NA but will downgrade to a 5.5L engine that can be found in the SLK55 AMG. It will be tuned differently though to provide more horsepower.

The M3 is BMW's bread and butter and I'm sure they won't mess it up. My 335i was nothing but a pain in my ass, which is why I upgraded to the M3. I vowed to never again own a BMW FI engine. I sit here though and think, The M3 is what BMW does. It's been THE car that defines them. There is no way they are going to screw the car up and I'm sure they won't.

Every car manufacturer is going the FI route to improve gas mileage. There really isn't any other choice. There are very strict emissions laws coming into effect. BMW's whole fleet is boosted currently and you can't really blame them. I don't think anyone wants to be fined thousands of collars per car because it chugs gas.

I agree though, you really can't go wrong with either the M3 or a C63 AMG. We are very fortunate to even own one of the two cars mentioned.
The engine in the current c63 is actually 6.2 liters not 6.3 and the next c63 will have a smaller 5.5 but with FI.
Appreciate 0