Straight flexin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Went to Laguna Seca with PCA-GGR. Nice people. Nice event. INCREDIBLE weather! Sound limit was 90 db.....I kept getting black flagged for sound--they said my supercharged M3, with full stock exhaust except track pipes was 94 db.....so I had to do my best to stay within the sound limits. I put my old stock x-pipe-with-track-pipe on just for Laguna......I'm frustrated because during my trip to Laguna in July, I requested a sound check. On that trip, I had an Akra X-pipe with a stock exhaust, and I only tested at 92.9db......so the track is telling me that at wide open throttle, the stock x-pipe with track pipe is louder than the Akra x-pipe........whatever.....

E90 M3
Track/course: Laguna Seca
Best Lap Time: 1:39.04
Brakes: AP Racing - Cobalt Friction XR2 front/XR3 rear
Tires: Hoosier R6 - 295/30/18 square on Volk G2 10"
Suspension: JRZ RS Pro
Other mods: VF620, Track pipes with stock exhaust, (no aero parts, full interior)

This was my first time on Hoosiers R6. Nice tires! They hook up the blower's power very nicely. I still need more time to get used to them. Anyway, I was stuck in traffic most of the time. But they had a time trial, so I got two open track laps. With minimal work 1:38 will be easy with R6. The data shows I was on an easy mid-1:38 pace on the second time trial lap through the Corkscrew, and then gave it all away in Turn 9. My line through Turn 9 has been all wrong. My goal is 1:37 now at that track with R6. (Ran 1:39.2 on Hankook TD)

Anyway, I took second place in the time trial. First place went to forum member Ti-Jean, who had his GT3 out there! He ran 1:38.6 I believe, and this was his first visit to the track. With the sound limit, no truly fast track-dedicated Porsches could even show up. And the 997-GT3's simply blew sound constantly. Geez, the event organizer's 997-GT3 was constantly blowing the sound limit and he had angled pipes. He was tippy-toeing up that hill to make the limit.....Is it true that most track days will be 90 db next year? What a shame for such an amazing place......
Impressive times! You and that GT3 would be competitive in the Grand-Am CTSCC with your stock cars (and yours with no aero)!

Have any pics of your car? How much whp are you putting down?

I think you could be flat through Turn 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Insane! 180 in turn 1-2!!
I think that was the straightaway speed. I'm sure he dropped 40-50mph through T1 and T2. FWIW stock cars dont go much faster than 155mph through the apex of 1-2. We were about that speed too (155) in the NSX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
You think if the car was perfectly dialed in and the right day with the right tires you could run a 1:30? Those 1:30s make it seem like I'm doing a parade lap with my car at a 2:02. I did pick up an RS that has higher wing uprights and front bumper scopes so I should be able to crack the 2 minute mark on my next visit.
That's 4 seconds faster than what we did under less than ideal conditions, so with the new aero and chassis improvements, I would say its attainable.
Going in to T1 I'm flat... my speedo said 180 Something. But at the apex I'm probably at 160 on speedo. I dunno how far off this is, it could be 20mph slower. I dunno because I didn't get gps speed. It's crazy how much speed you actually scrub and my right rear tire hitting the inside of the wheel well I'm sure slows me down a lil too .
Appreciate 0