07-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #73
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert330i View Post
Ok so maybe that was me(and not my dad) saying they are never started at the factory but still definitely not a break-in like you said, also Ford, as great a company and manufacturer as it is, is most certainly not BMW quality, Ford's motto, if I recall correctly, is not 'The Ultimate Driving Machine', they sell trucks and cars to a different customer, someone who doesn't necessarily plan to do regular and even early maintenance on their vehicles.
To put it simply Ford sells cars and trucks hence the 100 mile break in period, BMW sells lifelong driving beasts. Big difference in manufacturing ideals will often result in different caretaking recommendations.
Just saying yo..
Ford's quality is as good as if not better than BMW.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...ings-by-brand/

Don't buy the marketing koolaid.

[QUOTE=Rupert330i;10073076]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post

Ok so tell me man, if BMW isn't really doing anything unique why would it be the 3rd brand in the world, why would people still buy them since they're so much more expensive then the average car...

Cmon.. That just didn't make any sense
Part of it is marketing again but it is also the total package, but my point was BMW's engines have what? Pistons, valves, a block, oil pump, belts, cams, spark plugs, ECU, etc. Nothing is revolutionary there. All basic components that once again most every engine has. So there is no reason why it would require a special break-in.

A revolutionary engine might be something like Mazda's rotary engine. Now if it had a special break-in procedure you might buy into it more because it has a different type of operation.

Just don't believe everything you read ...

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0