Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Interesting stuff about M-DCT from the manual

Here are some info in the manual I found interesting about M-DCT:

System Limitations
-- The M-DCT is equipped with an overheating protection system that protects the clutch against extreme loads. The indicator lamp lights up yellow when the transmission becomes too warm. Avoid high engine loads and driving off frequently. When the transmission is overheated, the indicator lamp lights up red and the fuel supply to the engine is cut off. You cannot continue driving until the transmission has cooled down. Avoid driving off frequently with high acceleration and do not hold the vehicle on inclines by pressing lightly on the accelerator while letting the clutch slip, as this may cause the transmission to overheat. In traffic congestion or at very low speeds, use the Low Speed Assistant.

Low Speed Assistant:
-- You can also use the Low Speed Assistant when rocking the vehicle out of deep snow. To do so, shift between reverse gear and the forward position without pressing the brake.

N Neutral:
-- when downshifting on a slippery road, the M-DCT automatically disengages and engages the clutch, i.e. it is not necessary to manually engage the neutral position.

Unlocking the transmission lock manually:
-- If a power failure occurs (dead battery, etc), the transmission lock must be released manually, otherwise the rear wheels are blocked and the vehicle cannot be towed. Release the transmission lock manually for towing only and forcefully apply the parking brake to prevent rolling. The transmission lock is under the shifter boot on the left side.

S6 is only available if you turn off DSC. If you are in S6 and turn DSC on, it automatically puts you in S5.
Appreciate 0