06-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #75
johnnyace
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Great news man. Hey, can you give us more details, please ? Which oil did you use? How much did you pour in? How many miles on your car and in what condition old oil came out? Did you clean the filter? Did you fill oil with the car lifted or on the ground? It has to be flat. I plan to only raise it from the front to drain it, install tube to fill it, then lower car to the ground, fill, when fluid starts coming out, lift car again and reinstall fill plug.

Keep us posted please. Which Redline oil did you order? I asked the main guy there, and surprisingly he suggested D4ATF, which I thought was crazy. He said it was closer to stock than MTL, but I'd probably use MTL myself. Just curious. Oh, and how many miles on your car?
Used Red Line D4ATF. The Royal Purple guys said their Syncromax is closest to OEM. The Red Line guys said their MTL is for the older BMW trannies. Red Line also said Syncromax is like the MTL. Red Line recommended D4ATF for my E92 M3.

Car has 24k. Old fluid looked OK. Filter was clean. Drained it all out, flushed through some new D4ATF, installed drain plug, filled it until it overflowed the filler. Had car level on my 4 post lift.

One word on the fresh fluid...SMOOOOOOTH.
Appreciate 0