01-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F82 M4

To paint

To paint or not to paint!

Here is my dilemma... My dealer scratched up my front bumper when removing the ugly license plate the day I bought my car. He promised me that they will repaint my front bumper for free. Here is the thing, my car is Jerez Black and as we all know (or not) it is a hard color to paint. I consulted my friend who is a body shop owner for years and he said.. do not do it, as they will never be able to come close to the stock color/shade, and it will bring me more grief then happiness.

Another interesting thing.. I went to the dealer today to schedule an appointment with their body shop, but it turns out they wanted to have the job done by "Dent Fixers" or some other outside company that contracts with them. He took me over to those guys and basically they have a small tent setup instead of the paint booth and that is where they do small paint jobs on mostly used/lease returned cars.. I SAID NO WAY THEY TOUCHING MY 2k miles $68K M3. The funny thing is that when we spoke to "Dent Fixers" guys at the dealers they seems unsure if they can do the job.. they didn't even have the rigt paint in stock...

When I raised the question of why they don't let their body shop do the job, they said.. they were only had the money have the job done by those outsiders...

My idea was to have them paint my bumper and at the same time fill in those ugly yellow side marker holes.. so here is the question.. what would you do??
Appreciate 0