View Single Post
      04-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

STM Tints Install Photojournal

Yep, tints with an s because you always have to pronounce it that way right "You got tints?"

I know the forecast had rain in it for Monday. I was hoping I could dodge it, but of course the Gods have to spite me. The second I pull out of my garage...rain...then sunshine as soon as I arrive at the STM shop.

Here's what chillin at STM for about 3 hours is like.

As soon as I get there they drive the car into the work area and get started. That's Jae and Eugene.

Heating the film to the contour of the window.

10 points if ya know this drink

Sanding down the dot matrix. To all the micro peeping haters, when ya see the car at Mfest, the bubbles/dot matrix gaps will get better due to the new install

They're cool in that they let you just hang out and shoot the breeze while they work.

After cutting the film to fit..ready to install it on the inside.

Some rack focusing.

Awesome job on the window edges. They're cut to the edge so you cant even tell the tint is there.

Off to pick up some grub. Thanks for the lunch guys!

He must be important..has an MFest Jacket!

Removing the rearview mirror.

Hann decided to finally show up and join in on the install!

Right across the street are walls painted with graffiti..

Really good Philly Cheesesteak but K style! Shit doesn't drip oil all out the bottom of the bread.

A few after shots. The whole reason I wanted tint was for heat rejection, but I also wanted it to look close to OEM. The photochromatic film was perfect and used all around including the windshield.

Hope you guys enjoyed. See ya at MFest!

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo

Last edited by sard; 05-11-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0