07-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Nope, its priced right for the segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
The Audi RS 5 will start at $68,900 base price. While the car is gorgeous does anyone else feel that is a little steep compared to the competition? I mean, the M3 as far as I can remember started at $58,000 base. A little steep compared to its main rivals. I wonder if the car comes fully loaded for the US? What do you folks think?

I posted this in e general automotive section but not many of you venture into that forum.
It comes with about everything people want other than Nav. Add that and you're looking at $73K sticker. My M3 is $72K sticker as a manual ZCP. They are right on top of each other.

The RS5 is more of a GT car I think... I waited on their release to see if they were going to have a 6sp option and ordered the M3 a couple of days after finding out the US gets DSG only. I'm no fan of Audis 4.2L either but having owned 6 Audis over the past 15yrs I wanted to make sure I at least considered one.

Also I'll tell you its a much bigger car in feel having come from an '11 S4 myself. Audi has taken the B8/B9 platform up 1/2 a notch like BMW has on the F3X so if you like the smaller car size you may be disappointed as I was with mine.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.

Last edited by hpc3; 07-21-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0