dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSSIIM3 View Post
UPDATE:
they told me mounts were most likely broken due to shipping the car cross country...makes sense because they broke the first time a few days after the car was delivered to california and the second time a few days after i received the car in boston again.

regarding my newest issue, mounts hadnt actually broken again. it appeared that way because the engine was 'moving' more than it should. however, the engine wasnt actually moving. the black ///M engine cover was not put on properly last time my mounts were replaced so the whole top cover was moving and hitting a bunch of stuff and rattling, etc. this also caused a small air gap and an oil leak which is unrelated but it was also fixed when they tightened the engine cover. car is good to go now!!
This explanation doesn't make any sense to me. Why would shipping a car cause the motor mounts to break? If that's 'normal' then pretty much every car on the road would have this issue as they're all shipped from the manufacturer to its selling location (unless you picked it up at the Welt, live in Europe and drove it home yourself). I'm no expert but... curious on the details of the explanation as I've been known to drive my car into an enclosed trailer, haul it to the track, repeatedly go 130mph , load it back up, haul it home & drive it to work the next day... and I've not had an inkling of the issues you've described.

Edited to add: I've even hauled it halfway across the country (Colorado to Monterrey for a visit to Laguna Seca), so... Yep. Still confused.
Appreciate 0