Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
Nice pics. I also tracked my M3 today. Here in Finland we have five full-scale tracks in the whole country (one per million capita). During weekdays, only few guys have time to go drive, so we have plenty of room. Today there were 2-3 bikes and I as an only car driver. Motopark track is quite nice 3,5 km long circuit. It costs 60 euros for a car and I got the whole day fun from 11 am till 6 pm. The bikes left afternoon, so I and my friend had the whole track to play privately with M3.

M-DCT sucked almost all the time. About 50% of downshifts worked, the rest of left paddle pulls did nothing. You really can't hunt trackrecords with that gearbox. Upshifts worked nearly always, there's nothing wrong with them. S5-MDM was used all the time. I also saw 2-3 times sudden jump to 6th gear when trying to downshift 3->2. But this has already been debated, so no more about that.

Brakes got some serious heat and started to develop smoke when changing the driver, so after the hardest laps I had to got to have some extra cooling laps. I also noted some fading and couldn't fully trust to brakes are hard laps.

Anyway, it was really fun to have some hot laps at empty, "private" track. You can see weather from pics, not bad at all!
Great write-up and pics mate! Looks like you had a great time too. Sorry to hear about DCT letting you down. I've got 6MT and I have to say the gearbox performed brilliantly. Changes were smooth and precise and always had the right gear available for each of the corners. Overall I was very impressed with how the car performed
Appreciate 0