10-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #45
SCCAForums.com
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

An 08' M will be out of warranty in a year... unless the Owner ran up the miles.

??? Are you aware of the same BMW warranty I am? 4 Years 50K miles? Assuming the car was bought in 2008... he'd be fine till 2012? And I don't know if this OP keeps his cars more than 3 years or not?

Looked at the Z06, but didn't like their crash test ratings
So which car met your crash test ratings? What did you buy and what do you drive now?

SMG? Have you driven the CTS-V? The shifts are very comparable.
This would lend me to believe you have not.. Yes, I have driven the CTS-V... I considered purchasing as well, when I was selling the M5... It is a true 'SLUSHBOX'... and shifts NOTHING like an SMG car... It's clear you have not driven the two if you believe differently. It was so awful (to me) that I figured I would probably purchase the T6060 manual if I were to go Cadillac.

This is not just hypothetical, but unsupported.
How can you say unsupported? Cadillac is now Government Motors? The sustainability of this company is by far in the worst position ever, thus why they are giving cars away... and hopefully they will be here in the long run, for warranty and support. However... it brings up another point... the OP has not mentioned... but the 60 day money back guarantee... is a good position to be in... get his car paid off... and get a free test drive for 59 days... and then can choose something else if doesn't meet his needs... so that's another bonus for the Cadillac

So your planning on everyone that he hangs out with being as ignorant as you? My guess is that if he buys the car, he'll gain a reputation for having the car that eats M's
I haven't resorted to personal attacks in our differing of opinions gator... but can't the same be said for just purchasing a GT500 then? I mean... reputation, and perception is something that is considered when paying that kind of money for a car (IMO)... When I drove the CTS-V... my 'Impression' was it is a damn nice $45K car... when they are there... they'll be awesome rides... and it looks like their getting there quicker than I thought.

Little will they know that he had to settle
Again... why buy an M car at all... might as well get a Pontiac G8 GXP... I mean I think plenty would disagree owning an M car is a 'Settle'...
I think what it ends up coming down to, and why the '08 M5 may not be an option (again if an E90 DCT is not as well)... is the OP doesn't have a dealer willing to give him the same deal for his car, and that is too good a deal to pass up it sounds like. I was merely trying to offer an alternative, that still gave the OP a BMW alternative that could meet his needs. His title did say "HELP"... I took it as... Help me not leave the BMW M Series, but still meet my family needs.

Dave
2008 Lexus IS-F (Sold) 12.5 @ 113 / 2008 Shelby GT500 (Sold) 11.3 @ 126
2008 e90 M3 6MT 12.8 @ 111 (Sold) / 2006 e60 M5 12.4 @ 114 (Sold)
Appreciate 0