View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Um you just got free rear brake pads and now you are mad they wont give you front ones for free too since they have plenty of life left? Seems reasonable...

Maybe the pads have nothing to do with the squealing noise? Try telling the SA that you are not asking for the front pads to be replaced, all you want is the squeal gone.
Ummmm, think you misunderstood. Rear pads had to be changed because they were thinner (under spec) so getting them free under warranty is not anything exceptional. You make it sound like I am looking for freebees here I did explain to them that I want them to take care of the squeal. I never asked them to change the front pads but common sense would dictate that they should first change the front pads to see if it goes away before they start diagnosing the other more expensive components. What pissed me off was that they were not interested in finding out the cause assuming it could only be the pads which they did not want to cover under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
+1
Read above please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
My front brakes were squealing when I press it lightly. The dealer just told me it was normal and try pressing the brake pedal harder.
Guess that'll work but not the most pleasant ride I would say
Appreciate 0